Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Post Olympic Depression

Ahhhh, Post Grad depression has turned into Post-Olympic depression! I enjoyed the Olympics SO much this year! The fact that they won't be on for 4 years actual depresses me. I honestly barely remember watching previous Olympics. I caught things here and there (aka gymnastics) but was never as into it as I was this year. Obviously Post Grad Problems at their finest.

I watched the Olympics all day long during the 16 days they aired. I turned my TV on in my room and sat on my bed (with my new "husband pillow") and applied to jobs, wrote cover letters, worked on my portfolio, all while catching 234 rounds of beach volleyball. :) It was the perfect backdrop to spending the day doing boring application stuff because it wasn't too distracting yet was the perfect 5 (ok maybe 20) minute break after I completed another paragraph on yet another cover letter. And don't even get me started about PrimeTime Olympic coverage, aka Ryan Lochte (yum yum yum and YUM). Also when I was at the gym, track and field was airing for the ladies - talk about motivation to keep running. #6packs.

I spent my childhood doing gymnastics, so of course gymnastics is my favorite and I was obsessed with the Fab Five! They are trying to change their name to the "Fierce Five" because apparently Fab Five was taken by basketball players, but I like Fab Five better. I streamed the team competition live because I couldn't bare to have it ruined by someone mentioning the result during the day. (Hated the time lag!) I cried multiple times when they won. They were amazing, starting with vault and continuing through the whole competition. Take that poor-sport, rude, attitudinal Russians. There wasn't any big drama, but when you are total beast there doesn't have to be. :) It's nice for everyone to know the whole time you're going to take home the Gold! Don't even get my started on little Gabby! So precious and so proud of her for getting the Gold in All-Around. She has been doing gymnastics since she was 6 and moved to Iowa from the awesome city of Virginia Beach to make her dreams come true. She really is an inspiration and I love her cute smile!

I also loved / hated at the same time watching platform diving. That thing is 3 stories high! When the girls did handstands on it before pushing off and flipping my blood pressure legit shot up. I have a fear of falling from things whether it's into water or not. But overall, it was my second fav event. I loved track and field too. I think it's more fun than watching swimming because you can actually tell what's going on and who's winning. Not to mention the slow-mo's are hilarious. I wish I could run a 10k in 30 minutes... that is absolutely crazy!

I could go on and on about every sport I watched during the Olympics to really show the life that I don't have but I won't bore you with that. I just had to pay my respect to the amazing USA team this year. Most golds babbbbby! I love being the best country in the world ;) Now I'm going to brainstorm ways to make the Olympic team for Rio 2016. I wonder if they need team managers? I have nothing against getting athletes water (call me lochte).



 










No comments:

Post a Comment