Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Calories Do Count

Ah.... like always Christmas came and went way too fast! But it was a good one. My family usually goes somewhere for Christmas, Key West, Hawaii, a cruise... but this year we stayed in good ole suburban Virginia, and I loved it! Although my dad is planning on Hawaii for next Christmas and I don't hate that at all. 

This was my first post grad Christmas and it's going over really well. Don't get me wrong, I am super jealous of my brother who is all but hibernating during his month-long break, but at the same time, I am a person who thrives best when on a routine. So, it was awesome having Christmas Eve and Day off, but it's been nice to get up and do my normal work routine (from home- yes, amazing - and only half a day) which gets me back in some type of routine.

Yesterday I met up with my Little sister from my sorority (who is on break and lives in Northern Va) and we went shopping. The shopping was great, I got 70$ Gap jeans for 25$... a dolla makes me holla! And Anne Taylor was 50% off everything *deadly*. However, shopping was a bit of a rude awakening at the same time. The fitting rooms showed me that Christmas Calories do, indeed, count.

Our family's saying during the past couple of weeks has been "Christmas calories don't count hehehehe." Welp, that is beyond false. I have been so bad the whole month of December. Starting the night before my birthday (Dec. 6) I jokingly told my mom "I give up being healthy the month of December" which was a dumb thing to say because.. I did just that.

I've worked out a good amount but 45 minutes of running and lifting weights can only hold so much ground against 2 slices of pecan pie, peppermint bark, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, chips and dip, cookies... I think you get the point.

Excited to essentially detox and be healthy in January! And the rest of the year!

Out in Arlington weekend before Christmas

The biggest mistletoe there ever was

very patriotic tree in my office building... gotta love DC!
  
started snowing on our Christmas Eve walk

Moxie loving the snow

brother-in-law, brother, me, and sister on christmas!

My sister and favorite puppy before presents 

Michael Kors camera case from the brother


Fav Christmas present, Tory Burch ballet flats!

Thank you Santa.

So regal

Casual Christmas tree ornament circa pre-school


Mark my words... I will have a King Charles at some point in my 20s!

Christmas dinner, all of my favorites!

my number 1 weakness

my number 2 weakness

snowy day after Christmas!

thoroughly enjoy working from home


1 comment:

  1. Hello! Nice pics!!
    Thanks for sharing with us your Christmas!
    I wait for you in my blog!
    http://lulovelylook.blogspot.com.es
    Kisses from Spain!

    ReplyDelete