Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Irony of New Year's Resolutions

So... one of my new year's resolutions was to post in this blog more, yet I haven't posted a single one in 2013! WTF, is that the epitome of new year's resolutions or what!? Gah I hate when I prove stereotypes to be so completely right.

I usually don't make a legit list of resolutions, but I definitely think about it and come up with some in my head around the end of December and early January.

This year, from what I recall, I thought mostly about these:

  • The usual: work out more, eat better
  • Post in the blog more
  • Be better at staying in touch with friends 
  • Be less grumpy in the morning (hah)
  • Think outside the box & be more innovative at work
  • Plan more trips / adventures with friends
  • Meet and be more open with guys (L.O.L.)

Now that I've written them down maybe they will happen!? That's what they always tell you in school when you have a goal :P Let's just say I will never be happy-go-lucky before my first cup of coffee in the A.M... which isn't until I get in my car and head off to work, sorry parents.

If it makes my lack of posting more acceptable, I've had a crazy busy and amazing 2013 thus far! In the past, I have never ever ever ever liked January. My birthday, my sister's birthday, and Christmas are all in December so when January rolls around post-holiday blues doesn't begin to explain the mental breakdowns that happen daily. 

But this January was jam-packed with exciting stuff and work was crazy-busy, planning for a conference, so it flew by. 

The first weekend I helped a friend move into her apt in DC and we had a low-key weekend, involving a Top 100 Countdown of the best songs from the 2000s, pure joy. Your love's got me lookin' so crazy right nowThe next weekend a bunch of friends came to DC to go out to celebrate her first week of work. It was pure chaos, my friends are crazy and I love it. The next weekend I went to NYC to visit another friend over MLK weekend. It was amazing. It deserves a post of it's own, to come. The next weekend I went to a work conference in California for the week; that deserves it's own post too. Then I finished out January with dogsitting, where my friends kept me company and we day-drank, cooked delicious things, and took great care of my dog, of course. 

SO the lesson here kids, is that January actually isn't that miserable. In fact, I'll go as far as saying this first January as a post grad human might be the best I've ever had. You da best I ever had, best I ever had.

AND it's the Chinese New Year and is officially the year of the snake...MY YEAR! Be afraid people... big things are happening this year. :) Oh and I chopped 12 inches off my hair. Maybe January did get to me after all...#mentalbreakdown

Pictures and more posts to come, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment