Saturday, October 20, 2012

Country Music

The best part of living where I do currently is that I live ten minutes away from a big concert venue. One of the main ones for the Northern Virginia area.

On Friday, the Zac Brown Band (ZBB) performed and it reaffirmed that they're one of my favorite country bands. In fact, they're only second to Miranda Lambert / Pistol Annies.

I only got into country music in college - senior year of college to be exact. Which is crazy because I lived in Tennessee for 3 years (8th-10th grade) and literally never listened to it.

The reason I started listening would make Taylor Swift cry tears of joy. After a bad breakup, I couldn't help myself. I mean come on, that's what country music is about! So, country stations kept creeping into my pandora stations, and then into my iTunes. And during this time I heard the girl-power, sassy, fierce, screw men - or kill them ;) - lyrics of the one and only Miranda Lambert. I heard the lyrics below while writing a paper in the library, and immediately bought her album... not to mention her third album which is called Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. hehe

I numbed the pain at the expense of my liver
Don’t know what I did next all I know, I couldn’t stop

Leave it to me to be holdin’ the matches
When the fire trucks show up and there’s nobody else to blame

Can’t get revenge and keep a spotless reputation
Sometimes revenge is a choice you gotta make

I think one of the reasons I love country music is because I enjoy ballads. I actually love all music that tells a story in the course of the song, but country just happens to do that more than any others.

And talking about ballads, Zac Brown Band essentially tells a story in every single song - that's why it's so fun to listen to! And I love Zac's voice. love love love LOVE.

They were SUCH great live performers - he is a natural performer / actually has an amazing voice without the help of autotune or whatever they miraculously do in the studies (ahem Demi Lovato)

This is one of my personal favs: Cold Hearted

Some pics from the concert:






No comments:

Post a Comment