Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Has Arrived

Holy *&^%, I can't believe summer is officially over and fall has arrived. More importantly, I can't believe college graduation was over 4 months ago! When people said senior year was going to fly by, they didn't mention that post grad time would fly by as well!

This summer is such a blur. Unfortunately, it was a little bit tainted with "What the heck am I doing with my life" as well as the constant nagging I need a job feeling, but overall, that definitely didn't stop me from having a lot of fun. :)

I'm in a great place right now. Love my job. Finally figured out my commute. Joined a gym near work. Have a great routine at home. And most importantly I've done something super fun every single weekend since starting work! I wouldn't say I live for the weekends, but I definitely make sure my weekends are packed with lots of fun planned activities (i.e. concerts, sporting events, races, road trips, camping, going out in DC).

Anywhosiessss I'm so excited it's fall!! It's the best season, except that it seems to go by way too quickly. It always seems to go from super hot, to super cold with just a couple perfect fall days in between. I am planning to take full advantage of the beautiful weather this weekend - I'm either going apple picking or to a pumpkin patch with some friends, and possibly a vineyard afterward. Living in the suburbs of Virginia is possibly the most wonderful place to experience fall.

***

I have one funny story that I thought about this weekend, when I visited my alma mater, where my brother is now a freshman. When I was a freshman there, my roommate and I took the "Shopper" bus on a Saturday to Walmart, because we wanted to get some fall decor for our dorm room (cinnamon spice candles anyone?!). We also got a pumpkin (still don't know why). By the time we were purchasing our pumpkin we had minutes to get to the bus - the last bus of the evening to get back to school.

As we leave Walmart, we see the bus closing the doors from across the shopping center. We looked at each other and unanimously decided we needed to run. To sum it up, we were running through the Walmart parking lot holding bags and a pumpkin.  Can you say freshman?? Eventually I held all the stuff and my roommate sprinted to stop the bus, which worked, and then I caught up.

Once we got on the packed bus, we had to stand near the front. It was packed so our feet kept "approaching" the yellow line near the driver and every time she would make an announcement on the speaker system that her bus is being video-taped and crossing the yellow line is forbidden. Hah!

Overall, it was my first experience of "fall" in college, and I'll never forget it! Hopefully I'll never have to run with a pumpkin, towards a packed bus, ever again!


This is the actual picture we snapped on the day... "Don't cross the yellow line"

2 comments:

  1. Haha the bus drivers on the buses are intense like that at my school, too! Who knew stepping near th yellow line was life-threatening?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny! I can think of a lot of things that could happen on a bus that are more dangerous than stepping beyond the yellow line. Glad to know it's not only jmu! :)

      Delete