Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September Update

Dangit... I've done it again my friends. I wish I could come up with a funny, compelling, or entertaining excuse as to why I've been too busy to blog in 6 weeks... but at the moment I can't think of anything I've done. Have I been in a coma?

But really, I can't believe it's mid September! I'm so excited for Fall and more importantly the holiday season!!! Summer truly isn't the same when you're a post-grad human... so I'm really not too bummed it's over -- except one thing -- I'm not looking forward to wearing tights again at work. :/

But for realsie, here's what I've been up to since my last post:

  • Went on a mini-vacation to Virginia Beach w/ the family & a friend
  • Joined a Kickball League and started the season (so fun!)
  • Started physical therapy for a foot & knee issue
  • Traveled to Knoxville to do MOH planning with my bride-to-be bestie
  • Reunited with a best friend in Baltimore for a night
  • Had my one year work anniversary!
  • Ran a half-marathon (woo!)
  • Started & completed entire season of New Girl (ob-sessed)

Oh, and I made a very important potentially life-altering decision to move-out of my parentals house!! My good friend (who was my little in my sorority at school) and I have started the search. After our original look, we got very depressed because Arlington is SO expensive. But, we're going to do more research and hopefully find a place under $1,000 (each)!

I'd definitely say the highlight from my end of summer craziness was completing my second half marathon, a MUCH hillier one that I was super nervous about because of some injuries, but it was awesome and actually easier than my first one! I definitely have the itch... and hope to consider a marathon in the very near future. :)

Second highlight is WAKA kickball. I joined a free agent team and everyone is so nice and welcoming, and the league is surprisingly a lot more competitive than I was expecting... also a lot more intense at the bar after the games than I was expecting... both of those are a win in my book. :) I'll post separately about the half and about kickball in the near future.

Some of my kickball team at our sponsor bar

*Fun Squad*

My co-worker and I after the half marathon

To answer your question, YES, it is possible to run in boas and tiaras

Engagement party in TN for my bride-to-be bestie

~27 dresses~

Reunited with our best friend Hannah (left) in Baltimore!

Drunk munchies after a night out in Va beach (standard)

No comments:

Post a Comment