Monday, June 25, 2012

Two New Summer Obsessions

Character flaw or not, I become obsessed with things really easily and quickly, and can't get enough. In the same way I get hooked so easily, I can also stop liking things and become disinterested cold turkey. Well, this summer my two new BIG obsessions are 1. True Blood and 2. Lana Del Rey. It's been over a month and I'm still super hooked (progress).


1. I can honestly say I've never had a major celebrity crush in the way that I have one on Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman on True Blood). Of course I think Matthew McConaughy and Ryan Reynolds are dreamy but I am slightly obsessed with Askars (nickname status). I also usually never go for blondes (ironic). Well, Alexander has given me a run for my money. I'm head over heels. I find myself comparing all men I see with him. Wishing they were super tall and blonde and Swedish. And to clarify, I'm not just obsessed with his character on True Blood. In interviews he is hilarious. He is humble, funny, and has an overall light in his personality. I know I sound crazy, but let's be real. The picture above speaks for itself. <3



2. My other obsession is Lana Del Rey. I have a very eclectic taste in music. I have always liked the generic Top 40 type stuff, but I also recently got into country this year in school. I love love love Miranda Lambert. I also love rap music and can only work out to hardcore rap / pop (another character flaw)? But at the same time I have always liked more low-key music as well, like Death Cab. SO I was introduced to Lana early this summer and have probably listened to her "Born to Die" album 75 times. It has not gotten old and I don't think it ever will. Her lyrics have some incredible one-liners and I love her voice and overall vibe. I try to make my voice as deep as hers when I sing along but it's a huge failure. Her music isn't exactly pump-up, but it's not too melancholy to the point where you get sad. My personal favorite is "Summertime Sadness." Download her ASAP (I know I'm a little late on the Lana bandwagon).


No comments:

Post a Comment